On the quote the module you will find a top navigation menu that gives you access to almost all the tabs (Except the client questionnaire tab).
In this section, you will find information about your client such as name, address and contact information. The information is fetched from the customer module.
Walkthrough Video - Client Profile
"Dates, Times and Invoicing"
In this section is where you will set:
- Quote / Lead Stage. You can add or delete stages from Setup > System Values > Quote LeadStage
- Expiration date
- Date 1 *
- Date 2 *
- Time 1 *
- Time 2 *
- Identify if it is a quote or invoice
*These values are customized based on your type of business. Customize them from Setup > Date and TimeDescription
NOTE: If you select the invoice option, the invoice date must be selected.
Walkthrough Video - Date, Times and Invoice
In this section, you will find the answers to the questions asked on the eQuote.
Walkthrough Video - Questionnaire
"Product /Service Information"
It is in this section is where you will add products and/or services to your quote. In here you also have the option to add sections on your pricing table.
- Click on "+ Item" to pop-up the window and add the item information
- Click on "Add Section" to create a new section.
You can add items directly to different sections by clicking on "+ Item" on the desire section.
You can customize from your quote template if you want to display subtotal, discount, taxes, and total per section independently. To do so go to Biz Setup > Quote Template > edit the quote template that you wish to customize these options and then go to the "Product and service information" and click on the edit option.
From here you can select what information you want to display per section.
- Subtotal per section
- Taxes per section
- Discount per section
- Total per section
- Create sections automatically based on category
From here you can also set the option to AUTOMATICALLY order items on sections based on their "Category". Every time you add items to the quote the items will be ordered on sections automatically based on the category name, and the category name will be used to name the section.
Walkthrough Video - Product and Service Information
The items have different functionalities like having a price list, sub-items or grouping items on quotes. To help you better understand how each of these functionalities can be used for your business watch this video.
Walkthrough Video - Item catalog
In this section you have:
2) General discount
3) Sales taxes
4) Additional costs (e.g.: shipping)
6) Method of delivery and delivery region. If you want to learn how to set up delivery regions watch this video.
7) Profit and cost
Walkthrough Video -Shipping and Delivery
Walkthrough Video - Fees and Taxes
"Status, Notes and Comments"
In this section you can:
2) Internal notes are notes that are only visible by users and not clients
3) Quote notes are notes that only appear when a client uses the eQuote form and writes a comment on the form.
4) Select predefined clauses.You can add clauses from Setup> System Values > Clauses
5) Attached a document to the quote. You can upload a document (static) to be later used in your quotes from Setup >System Values > Attachment.You can aswell attach a document to the quote by browsing your computer.
6) Create a reminder
7) Select or visualize a quote template to be applied to the quote or invoice
8) Select the Quote stage. If you want to modify the quote stages you can do it from Setup >Quote Stage
Once the quote stage is selected on the quote module you may enter the payment terms; dates, method of payment and amount of payments.
“Payment Terms” Create a sale from a Quote
From here you will have to enter the payment details. You can add as many payment terms as you need by clicking on “Add Payment” .These terms are only agreements and they can be later modified from the account receivables module.
When done click on Authorize.
The Authorize &Capture button will take you directly to account receivables so you can register and confirm payment.
When you as a user don't have permission to authorize, user-level (Level 1 or Level 2) you can, you can request for the authorization to another user from the list. This user will receive an email with the request.
TIP: If you don’t have an exact amount or payment date, enter your best guess. You can always modify this information.
It is also in here that you will be able to send eInvoices in where clients can make payments using their credit cards. For this you must create a Stripe account (stripe.com) and mark the quote as an invoice. Then and only then the eInvoice button will be displayed so you can activate and clients will see the “pay now” button on their invoices.
Walkthrough Video - Status, Notes and Comments
Here you will find all the history of emails sent and received with your client. You can as well compose emails.
IMPORTANT!! Only the emails associated with the user and clients will be displayed.
Walkthrough Video - Email
Every time a quote is sent a log is created showing the user and date. The same thing happens when a quote is authorized. The logs can be found at the bottom right corner of the screen.