On the quote the module you will find a top navigation menu that gives you access to almost all the tabs (Except the client questionnaire tab).
In this section, you will find information about your client such
as name, address and contact information. The information is fetched from the
Walkthrough Video - Client Profile
"Dates, Times and Invoicing"
In this section is where you will set:
- Quote / Lead Stage. You can add or delete stages from Setup -> System Values - > Quote LeadStage
- Expiration date
- Date 1 *
- Date 2 *
- Time 1 *
- Time 2 *
- Identify if it is a quote or invoice
*These values are customized based on your type of business. Customize them from Setup -> Date and TimeDescription
NOTE: If you select the invoice option, the invoice date must be selected.
Walkthrough Video - Date, Times and Invoice
In this section, you will find the answers to the questions asked on the eQuote.
Walkthrough Video - Questionnaire
"Product /Service Information"
It is in this section is where you will add products and/or services to your quote. You can add as many as you want.
Walkthrough Video - Product and Service Information
The items can have different functionalities like having a price list, sub-items or grouping items on quotes. To help you better understand how each of these functionalities can be used for your business watch this video.
Walkthrough Video - Item catalog
In this section you have:
1) Fees, discounts, and total amount
2) General discount
3) Sales taxes
4) Additional costs (e.g.: shipping)
6) Method of delivery and delivery region. If you want to learn how to set up delivery regions watch this video.
7) Profit and cost
Walkthrough Video -Shipping and Delivery
Walkthrough Video - Fees and Taxes
"Status, Notes and Comments"
In this section you can:
1) Include general comments on the quote
2) Internal notes are notes that are only visible by users and not clients
3) Quote notes are notes that only appear when a client uses the eQuote form and writes a comment on the form.
4) Select predefined clauses.You can add clauses from Setup-> System Values -> Clauses
5) Attached a document to the quote. You can upload a document (static) to be later used in your quotes from Setup->System Values -> Attachment. You can aswell attach a document to the quote by browsing your computer.
6) Create a reminder
7) Select or visualize a quote template to be applied to the quote or invoice
8) Select the Quote stage. If you want to modify the quote stages you can do it from Setup->Quote Stage
To convert the quote into a sale you must select aQuote stage that has the action “Approved” assigned. To learn about the quote stages or to create a quote stage got to Setup-> Quote Stage. From here you can create a stage that has the action “Approved”
Once the quote stage is selected on the quote module you may enter the payment terms; dates, method of payment and amount of payments.
“Payment Terms” Create a sale from a Quote
From here you will have to enter the payment details. You can add as many payment terms as you need by clicking on “Add Payment” .These terms are only agreements and they can be later modified from the account receivables module.
When done click on Authorize.
The Authorize &Capture button will take you directly to account receivables so you can register and confirm payment.
When you as a user don't have permission to authorize, user-level (Level 1 or Level 2) you can, you can request for the authorization to another user from the list. This user will receive an email with the request.
TIP: If you don’t have an exact amount or payment date, enter your best guess. You can always modify this information.
It is also in here that you will be able to send eInvoices in where clients can make payments using their credit cards. For this you must create a Stripe account (stripe.com) and mark the quote as an invoice. Then and only then the eInvoice button will be displayed so you can activate and clients will see the “pay now” button on their invoices.
Walkthrough Video - Status, Notes and Comments
Here you will find all the history of emails sent and received with your client. You can as well compose emails.
IMPORTANT!! Only the emails associated with the user and clients will be displayed.
TIP: If you send emails from somewhere else and you want the keep a copy of the emails sent on Osmos, you need to make sure to copy or BCC your own email account on the emails sent to clients.
IMPORTANT!! To be able to send emails it is necessary to first add your IMAP email account.
Walkthrough Video - Email
Every time a quote is sent a log is created showing the user and date. The same thing happens when a quote is authorized. The logs can be found at the bottom right corner of the screen.